Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ben's Love Boat


One true thing about any successful political campaign - it's a very busy place. 

Yesterday I was copied on an e-mail with a multitude of recipients. Joel, our field director, was trying to organize us all to attend myriad events, at several different places and at  a variety of times… all on Saturday. 

Of course, no sooner had he shared the schedule than half a dozen people needed to change it. So my cell phone sang a chorus of bing, bing, bing as a storm of e-mails went back and forth. Fortunately, my own appointment with the Magna Arts Fair was unaffected, so the tornado spun all around me, but left me untouched. 

Gradually the chaos of individual agenda slowed to a halt. It seemed all the pieces of the puzzle had finally found their place.  

Then I was filled with a perverse desire. I so wanted to send out my own e-mail, copying the same multitude that had copied me, saying "Could I switch the Magna morning shift for Riverton in the evening?"

Captain McAdams of The Love Boat
That moment of temptation was a reminder that yes, there is a thing called original sin. 

………

As you've probably already learned, Joey Pitt will now follow Joel Freston on a trip to the altar. Joey, our finance chair, has proposed to Angela Hatch, and that proposal has been accepted. 

There are some pictures in a gallery on my Facebook page recording the grand event of proposal made, and proposal accepted. 

From the top of the city and county building, no less!

Here at the McAdams campaign matrimony is breaking out all over. Soon I may be the last bachelor standing. (So if you're female and single, applications are being accepted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment