Saturday, July 28, 2012

Geena Davis


On Friday night Geena Davis visited the McAdams campaign.

It was the twenty-fifth anniversary of the famous film "A League of Their Own." To celebrate the event Geena Davis visited Mind Spring ball park, paid tribute to the Salt Lake Shamrocks, and threw out the first pitch in the Bees game against Sacramento.

Ben and his guests got to rub elbows with a Hollywood star, watch a lopsided baseball game and keep an eye on the Olympics opening ceremony.

As for me, I got to take pictures, find out what a skybox looks like, and eat lots of free food.

No Ben didn't pay for it, and neither did the campaign, but I'm here to report that a skybox is a grand place to visit. However, being in the presence of a Hollywood star is not exactly the thrill of a lifetime.

Not being shy, I wedged myself in between Geena and Ben, told her I was a big fan, and then stashed my own wonderful screenplay in her purse. Unfortunately, Ben wasn't amused and though I asked her to read it, seven times, and very nicely, she wouldn't make any promises.

Hollywood people, they can be so uppity.










"Yes Russ, here's photographic proof.
You're shorter than Geena Davis."













No comments:

Post a Comment